Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pushing and pilling...?!


Help! I've discovered that a new shirt from one of my new favorite clothing brands, Alternative, is "pilling" after one wash. (I believe this is the correct term for the little tiny balls on my shirt that make it look old and worn.)

Obviously my first instinct was to blame my boyfriend for putting too many clothes in the washer or dryer (sorry, Adam), but I have started doing most of the laundry so such a thing WON'T happen! It is possible, ahem, that I might have put a few too many things in the washer (after all, I am trying to be "greener"). But, stuffing washing machines aside, I made sure to turn the shirt inside out and to read the directions on the tag. They were simple: Wash in cold water with like colors, and dry on low. DONE. So why does the shirt look like I've worn it 50 times?!

I know what you are thinking...just buy another brand. But I don't wannnnaaaa (whiney voice). I really really like their t-shirts and dresses and all the pretty colors! (I am stomping around my kitchen right now, hmph.)



See how perrrrtty. So what do I do?! I do not want all my Alternative clothes to look like that!! I've read that you should put less things in the washer and dryer and remove the clothes right away after drying. I am going to continue my research before I do anymore laundry (excuses, excuses!), but please let me know if you have any tips!

1 comment:

  1. Could you put them in one of those delicates bag thingies? I have no idea. I miss wearing nice clothes. Swooooon....

    ReplyDelete